23 May 2009

The versatile picnic basket


After the birth of our third child, a church friend brought a deluxe dinner to us in two old picnic baskets. With the use of a tray or two, she had layered a couple of casserole dishes, a cake pan, several mason jars and several smaller dishes. And she had a handle to carry the whole thing! I was immediately sold.

Meredith from Like Merchant Ships (who always inspires) uses picnic baskets so creatively. I decided I needed a few and have been keeping my eyes open for them. So far, I've seen a lot, but it seems the average cost is about $10.

The one pictured above was about the same cost and was my Mother's Day present. So far, it has been worth every penny. It's great for storing things in the kitchen, terrific for transporting food, and wonderful for those days when I drive my husband's pickup truck and need something in the bed to keep a few grocery bags from flying about!

Last week the kids and I found out that it has another use, too. It's great to load up and take to the park for an impromptu picnic! I'm going to have to find another picnic basket. Or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant to be an encouraging place. Please use kindness and consideration when leaving your comment.
Also, this blog will remain fairly anonymous. If you recognize me, my family members, or my photos from another place, please honor this request for anonymity. Comments that reveal identity will likely be deleted, even if full of love! :)

Blessings to you and yours!