21 May 2009

Speaking of contentedness...

Recently, I've felt the Holy Spirit working on me, asking me to do some Bible study on being content. I've been reading a lot in the Epistles from The Message version of the Bible and I've grown a lot in this regard, I think. I've also found another great resource I'd like to share.


Chip Ingram is a pastor with a radio program on Moody Broadcasting Network called Living on the Edge. I find his sermons to be refreshingly real, Biblical, solid, relational AND challenging. I think many people relate well to his style and teaching; I have friends who are Protestant, Catholic, Conservative and not-so-Conservative who really appreciate him.

He has a GREAT series of messages called Contentment: God's GamePlan for Satisfaction available as MP3 downloads. They are just 99 cents each right now. I've downloaded them and listened to them over and over again. If you listen to them, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant to be an encouraging place. Please use kindness and consideration when leaving your comment.
Also, this blog will remain fairly anonymous. If you recognize me, my family members, or my photos from another place, please honor this request for anonymity. Comments that reveal identity will likely be deleted, even if full of love! :)

Blessings to you and yours!